Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Year Ago...

Today remarks my 1st anniversary residing in Doha. I can still recall my first impression here after Ahmad (the office driver) and Zaireen fetched me from airport. It was a mixed up feeling. Nak kata homesick sangat pon tak jugak, nak kata tak homesick langsung pon....errmmm macam tak jugak..hehehe (whom am i kidding).May be due to the experienced of being away in Dubai few months prior to joining the current company, plus this offer was much more organised as compared to my earlier offer that I had in Dubai. Just imagine I got my travel ticket on the day that I should have departed.....What a mess!!

My departure to Doha was a bit calm, it was Thursday night if I'm not mistaken. kat KLIA pon x busy sgt, everything went quite smooth. Travelling alone..but not for the 1st time, I have transited in Doha twice on my to and from Dubai before. Slept pretty sound in the flight, i guess i was too tired. Was waken up once for the meal and I just ignored my second meal.
Upon the arrival, we went to collect my freight that i have sent earlier from Qatar Airways Cargo Office. After that I was driven to company's apartment in Bin Omran. I was placed there for the 1st few weeks.

My flatmate that time was Sherryl and Ami. They were both secondment from Hyder Manila Office. Sherryl was very chatty that made me feel easily adjusted to her, while Ami was not around the moment I reached there. After a little bit of washed up, Zaireen and i went to City Centre. We took late breakfast and get few things from C4, came back to my flat to get few pieces of clothes,the we both went back to Zaireen's place.On our way, we stopped by in Qtel office to get a sim card.

I still remember, as we reached Zaireen's place, her flatmate Lam cooked fried beehoon. One Singaporean lady (Lam's guest) was around chit chating with her.I really can't recall what was happening that night, but for sure I slept so well. It took me a while to adjust myself with local time. I was too depending to Zaireen on my first few months here. Sian dia... But Thanks a lot to u nyah....I owe u loads!! Tuhan je yg akan membalas jasa baik u!

The very next day I went back to my flat and Sunday was my 1st day reporting to Hyder Office. After a short briefing by HR staff, I was brought by Simon Poh (my line manager) to site office.
Untill now i have been placed there and sometime back to work in the main office when i have to....So itu la serba sedikit how the story goes...

Now it has been a year I'm here....there's up and down, high and low.....it will just happen...no matter where u are. One thing for sure, I hope each day will bring out the best in me to be a better person. Berapa lama nak stay sini??? Well i keep asking myself the same question also...but until now i still haven't figure out the answer.Life is measured by our ability to our own enviroment, may be when there's something in life that i think it has already been accomplished, that will be the most comfortable time for me to move to the next step....
Life is about planning. We plan our work and then we work our plan... Wish me the best of luck in life!

4 comments:

ZaiY said...

tahniah zila..dh setahun ye? cepatnya masa berlalu kan. terasa mcm baru je lagi kita duduk n berborak2 sambil melayan kerenah si syakirin yg mcm lipas kudung hheehehee..kelakarla budak tu.

life according to gerberra said...

hehe...thanks zai..
ye la, mcm x perasan pon yg it was more than a year ago kita pnh dok sama kan..
zai pon byk tlg gak masa tu...If i ever forgot to mention, I had great time with your family!

Neny said...

I dont know, but i think eversince yo work abroad, i see quite a lot of difference in you. You are very much independent now. Sorry to say this but dulu even nak gi opis trip pon you did not come along sbb ur mom did not allow you. So way to go cik La!

ayin1911 said...

congratss babe!!